Basic Information

Mass Location: St. Mary Magdalen Chapel, 2532 Ventura Blvd., Camarillo, CA 93010
Mass Time: Sunday 10 a.m. (check parish website bulletin for special feastdays which may be different)
Confessions: 9:15-9:45 a.m. - see schedule below
Contact: latin.mass.smm@gmail.com

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter

A note from Father Fryar...

Dear Latin Mass Community of St Mary Magdalen,

It was a joyful moment when I was asked by the Vicar of Clergy for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles if the FSSP could take over the care of the Latin Mass at St. Mary Magdalen in Camarillo. Beginning on April 3rd, the Sunday after Easter, I will be coming to celebrate the Sunday Mass most of the time. This is a big step in the direction that many of you petitioned a few years ago, of having a full FSSP parish.

While I hope to do the best I can, I cannot promise much at this stage. I am only one person and as it is I am currently doing the work of two priests in Los Angeles. I will probably not be getting an assistant priest until we have opened doors to our own church in Los Angeles, and before then I need to raise serious funds in order to purchase something. However, rather than waiting for the point in time when we have more than one priest in the Archdiocese, I will do as much as I can to make the beginnings of an FSSP Apostolate in Camarillo.

I would like to express the gratitude that all of us feel for Fr Carcerano. As a priest who has great zeal for souls, he went a long way to do everything possible to provide for the need of those souls seeking the Extraordinary Form. He has done so much in the many years that he has lead the community. There is no way that I can pretend to fill his shoes, and while I will try my best, I wish to express my respect and gratitude for all that he has done.  Please know that he will continue to say the Latin Mass in several locations in Los Angeles.

See you on Sunday!
Fr Fryar